Did you know that June is National Safety Month? And believe it or not, the office is full of potential accidents just waiting to happen. Below are several simple steps you can take to help make sure you and your co-workers stay safe and injury free.
According to CDC the most common office accident is a fall, and the most common causes of office falls are:
- Tripping over an open file or desk drawer, electrical cord, loose carpeting or objects in walkways or hallways.
- Bending or reaching for something while seating in an unstable chair.
- Using a chair in place of a ladder
- Slipping on wet floors
- Inadequate lighting
Help avoid these accidents by following these safety tips:
- Always pay attention and look where you are walking.
- Keep file and desk drawers closed when not in use
- Don’t stretch to reach objects from your chair – get up to get them.
- Report any lose carpeting or electrical cords to the proper personnel to correct.
- Immediately clean up any spills, and put out wet floor caution signs.
- Use a step ladder, not a chair to reach items overhead.
- Avoid leaving items in walkways and hallways.
- Make sure all areas of your office have proper lighting.
Following these tips may not prevent all office accidents. The best practice is to be prepared just in case an accident occurs. A great place to start is making sure that your office has the proper size First Aid Kit for the number of employes on site. In honor of Safety Month, we have our 10 person First Aid Kit on Sale! Buy now to take the first step toward a safer office!
Don’t forget to check out our Rebates Page where you can get FREE stuff!! Offers for products, gift cards, and more!
Get a new AeraMax Air Purifier from Fellowes. Check it out now!
Click here for more details.
With great products like these, it’s easy being green this Earth Day!
Pentel B2P pen
Can you believe this is made out of a water bottle?! That’s right, water bottles. This is the B2P pen from Pentel, and it’s the first pen ever to be made from recycled bottles.
Samsill Earth’s Choice Binders
Want a FREE Binder? Just follow the rules on this flyer, and you can get a FREE Earth’s Choice binder from Samsill. They are biodegradable, and made from 100% Recycled content.
Introducing our new 100% recycled house-brand copy paper, APD8511REC100! It’s 20 lb., 92 bright, and 8.5×11. We also offer a 30% recycled paper (APD8511REC) and a 50% recycled paper (APD8511REC50).
Welcome to our new Blog! For the best viewing experience, please use Internet Explorer 9 or higher, Firefox, or Google Chrome. Enjoy!
FSIoffice is proud to support the City of Hope and their fight against cancer! Please shop our special flyer full of products that when purchase them the manufacturer will donate a portion of the proceeds to the City of Hope.
If you are unfamiliar with City of Hope please watch this video that highlights all the important work and research they are doing.
Have you thought about your heart health lately? If not, now is the time to start because February is Heart Health Awareness month.
Heart disease is the leading cause of death among adults in the United States. It is important to educate yourself on the risk factors as well as preventative measures. There are numerous programs and companies dedicated to the prevention and control of heart disease, many of which are sponsoring events and programs during the month of February. Heart disease cannot always be prevented however; you can take a few steps to reduce your risk.
Simple stuff such as changing your diet or exercising can greatly reduce your risk. Fats, salts, sugars and oils should be consumed in limited quantities. These substances increase your chances of having a clogged artery and fatty build up around your heart. Instead of having two 20oz sodas try replacing one with a glass of water. Choose healthier snack options as well such as an apple or some carrot sticks to replace your 3:00 bag of chips. Try taking a couple of laps around the office during lunch or join a fitness group. Thirty minutes of exercise three times a week can make a huge difference in your heart health.
You can check out the American Heart Association’s website and find some heart health events in your area!
Did you just order your new tablet from FSI, or did you get one from Santa? If so, you may need these great accessories to spruce it up and to help you enjoy it!
First off you need to protect it, but that doesn’t mean it has to be a boring black case, especially with the new line of Fashion iPad cases from Samsill. With these bright colors you will never misplace your iPad, or get it confused with anyone else’s.
SAM35001 – SAM35005
Need to work on your tablet, but you don’t want to hold it? Great news! We have the new Mobile Tablet Stand from Rolodex. This adjustable stand will hold your tablet at the perfect viewing angle while you work, or while charging.
Going back and forth between your tablet and paper? Then the new Zebra Stylus/Pen combo is for you. And it’s refillable!
And lastly, do you want to listen to music while you work? Then you need speakers! This Bluetooth 3.0 Speaker System delivers super bass sound with a universal stand for tablets.
With the cold / flu season upon us, it is increasingly important to maintain your health and keep those nasty germs away. In order to help you and your co-workers healthy during this time of year we’ve collected several easy tips for the office.
- Limit junk food, skip the chips and cake and have an apple instead
- Get ample amounts of sunlight or fake sunlight via a full spectrum lamp
- Clean your desk/ area regularly with disinfecting wipes
- Don’t stare at your screen too long – take a break every 15- 20 minutes
- Keep hands away from face
- STAY HOME WHEN NECESSARY AND DO NOT COME TO WORK IF YOU’RE SICK
- Take a lap around the office
- DON’T STRESS ABOUT THE LITTLE THINGS (stress lowers your immune system)
- Don’t forget to eat your vegetables
- Use a moisturizing hand sanitizer
- Be careful at the break room fridge, germs love to live on the handles